This page is about Newcastle upon Tyne. You may also want Newcastle under Lyme
|Newcastle, Tyne and Wear|
|latitude: 54.95, longitude: -1.60|
|Browse map of Newcastle 54°57′00″ N, 1°36′00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Newcastle is a city in Tyne and Wear at latitude 54°57′00″ North, longitude 1°36′00″ West.
READ THIS FIRST
OS StreetView and Bing aerial imagery. Please check with active local mappers before adding or amending data from OS StreetView, Bing aerial imagery, or other sources. Newcastle and the surrounding area can be completed through ground-truth surveys and in-filling areas with StreetView acts as a significant disincentive to doing such mapping. In particular DO NOT AMEND existing data which has been acquired on the ground WITHOUT contacting the person who did the mapping. IF YOU DO NOT CONTACT EXISTING MAPPERS, THERE IS A RISK THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTION MIGHT BE REVERTED.
|City centre (about)||70%||30%||See note|
|West of football ground (about)||5%||5%|
|East of motorway (about)||0%||0%|
|North of motorway (about)||10%||10%|
|River area (about)||60%||0%|
|Cycle path on north of river (about)||80%||80%||C2C Newcastle-Tynemouth done|
|Cycle path on south of river (about)||10%||10%||Only got the bit near Newcastle itself, not the C2C|
|Metro system (about)||0%||5%||Few stations done, no tracks|
|Pubs, shops, and POIs (about)||0%||5%|
Please update this table if you add maps to the area, or if you notice missing areas from our coverage
See creating status pages for help editing these tables
The following users have, or do, actively contribute to the map of Newcastle.
Users can copy and paste
into their user page to add themselves to the Users in Newcastle category.
[[Category:Users in Newcastle]]
- Car restrictions not mapped yet (oneway routes, bus lanes, etc.)
- Centre of town has a lot of "no car" lanes (appears to be bus and cycle only from 7am to 7pm)
- Has a big road tunnel, that we need to sort-out tagging/rendering for
- Has an "A/M", that's been marked as motorway for now, even though some sections are A-roads.
- 21 April 2016: FoMSF Newcastle Missing Maps Mapathon, Newcastle University (Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/201384543563995/)
- The Newcastle Mapping Event was held 8-9th December 2007.
- Friends of MSF Newcastle held their first Missing Maps Mapathon on 17th December 2015.
- Friends of MSF Newcastle held their second Missing Maps Mapathon on 16th February 2016.