Proposed features/motorcycle friendly
|"tag motorcycle_friendly" for accommodations|
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Tagging:||motorcycle_friendly=yes / no / customary|
|Definition:||to mark hotels / campings a.s.o. in case they especially welcome bikers|
motorcycle_friendly=yes (according to the current documentation, see motorcycle_friendly=*)
for accommodations which offer
- secure parking (not necessarily a garage)
- tools for minor repairs
- drying room (for wet clothes)
- tour tips and informations about motorcycle-related POIs in the region.
Every other which is "motorcycle friendly", but has less or no special offers, will be tagged as "customary".
Those who don't accept motorcyclists at all
(See discussion tab - Assessment of tag) As some mentioned the "yes" option described above would be too subjective, and to make it possible to filter on any of the details.
- motorcycle:parking=garage/shelter/court/no (For the tourism=* - tag, similar to outdoor_seating=yes. Enables frontends to filter this)
- motorcycle:tours=guided/info (either guided tours or information material)
- motorcycle:theme=yes for amenities (restaurant/pub/bar) in case motorcycle_friendly won't be approved (again) in the 2nd voting.
- drying:room=yes/heated/no , drying:compartment=yes/no/heated , drying:dryer=convection/inertised/microwave
(New key Proposed_features/drying necessary. As the same accommodation may offer this also for bicycle/skiing a.s.o., it's kept sport-neutral)
instead of the combination of
(currently there are difficulties to distinguish between motorcycle dealers which ALSO sell clothes and shops that only sell clothes)
The format described above is already used with the very common tags addr:*=* and contact:*=*
According to the discussion result, the defeated option will be removed for the voting.
There are many websites / databases offering an "overview" of motorbike- friendly accommodation, but there should be a non-proprietary definition within OSM, as several of them don't have criteria for "motorcycle friendly" and just list any hotel. A worldwide "reference" isn't available, anyway.
- amenity=restaurant/pub/bar (there are some specialized, see Wikipedia:Biker_bar)
- Usage as GPX POIs on Garmin devices
- Usage in navigation apps
- kurviger.de is about to implement it
- OsmAnd is currently implementing motorcycle POIs
- Unterkunftskarte.de will rebuild the page and possibly refer to it
Please comment on the discussion page.
There has been a voting before which has certainly been announced to the mailing list : Betreff: Feature Proposal - Voting - tag "motorcycle friendly" for accomodations Datum: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 00:46:19 +0100 An: email@example.com
There were one week of RFC state and three weeks of voting (instead of 2/2). As some consider this as formally wrong, the process is restarted.
- I approve this proposal. --JP-ADV990R (talk) 20:21, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Quietus (talk) 11:01, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Gvinci (talk) 11:08, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Maxticli (talk) 11:13, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Landex (talk) 13:02, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Mk-1-ADV (talk) 14:01, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Harald2000 (talk) 14:08, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Ktm-pilot (talk) 22:37, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --TG (talk) 01:28, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --JayHay (talk) 14:36, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Wonkyconk (talk) 17:21, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. It is a lonely key, there more categories that could use a friendly version, see dicussion page, I like to vote for a more common used version --AllroadsNL (talk) 13:24, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Slamper (talk) 22:34, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with AllroadsNL, but why you start voting after 7 days? For me this looks like a "let me push a new key into OSM in under 30 days" --Luschi (talk) 16:13, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal, a similar tag may be proposed for the bicycle friendliness.. --erkinalp 16:05, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal, I think a subkey approach like AllroadsNL suggested would be better. --Gileri (talk) 21:21, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. Establishing a "friendly:" namespace is a very bad precedent and will encourage subjectivity. If you want to tag secure parking, tools, and drying rooms, do those independently. A drying room is useful for hikers and cyclists as well, and should therefore be tagged as `drying_room=yes` rather than with a motorbike-specific tag. --Richard (talk) 18:53, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
- I agree that it is better to tag several properties with the relevant features rather than only an aggregated property and we should encourage anyway to add available detail like the mentioned drying room. Still there have been examples on the mailing list which were specifically about the "friendly" part, like the laundromat which prohibited use for hikers or the accomodation that stated "hikers welcome" on a sign. --Dieterdreist (talk) 19:12, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
As discussion is taking place now .. and discussion should be open untill at least 19th March, voting should not be open yet? Your comments could be made either in the discussion page or on the tagging list. Warin61 (talk) 22:04, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
I suppose that anyone with good ideas like a new key "drying_room=yes" should create a separate RFC and just leave a comment here to be considered (instead of just voting "no" unless the voting didn't even start yet). rtfm Rtfm (talk) 20:30, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
Generally, in the history of this RFC, there were a couple of non-consrtuctive comments such as "think wider" or "much too vague" (without any proposal what they imagined instead). There should IMHO be a "code of conduct" regarding RFCs to which should be linked to in the "proposal process" as well as from the RFC form. rtfm Rtfm (talk) 20:30, 6 March 2017 (UTC)