This page is deprecated, the import is done and history by now
see EN:Switzerland/DIDOK for further (more up-to-date) information
|OSM Portal Switzerland Deutsch • Français • Italiano • English|
Didok is the official list of public transport stops in Switzerland. It includes railway stations, bus stops, ferry terminals and cable car stations. BAV has given friendly permission to use this list for the OSM database. For more information see the EN:Switzerland/DIDOK page.
It is not possible to directly import all stops for various reasons:
- many stops already exist in OSM
- the list also contains cargo stations etc. as well as stops that are no longer in use
- some stops have imprecise geographic coordinates (or even none at all)
- the DIDOK data does not contain information about the type of stop (bus, train, boat, etc.)
In order to clean up the list, we have created the Didok Import Cleanup site. It shows all stops from the Didok-List, all OSM stops and how they would be related for the import. Now we need your help to correct the mistakes before doing the actual import.
What You Can Do
Check your mapping area for the following:
- Go through the list of Didok stops without coordinates. Stops marked with a red background have not been validated yet.
- Do you know the stop and have mapped it in OSM already? Go to the area on the map, click on the OSM stop in question, choose the Didok stop from the list in the popup and click on 'OK'.
- Do you know that something is not a stop in use by public transport? Click on remove.
- Check unconnected OSM stops (in blue). If you can find the matching Didok stop, connect them by drawing a line between them.
- Check existing connections, especially those that are very far away and those, where the names do not match. Wrong connections can be removed by clicking on the connection and choosing 'Remove'. If you find a typo in the OSM data correct it directly in the OSM database with your favourite editor. The change will be taken into account on the next update.
- Check the type of Didok stops. The type of stop is not included in the Didok data, so we made an educated guess based on the operator of the stop. This only works, if enough stops of a company have been mapped already. You can change the type by clicking on the Didok stop and choosing a different type from the list and clicking on 'OK' to confirm the change. Note: this only works for unconnected stops. Connected stops always have the type of the OSM stop they point to. If you find that there are a lot of stops in an area are wrong, correct a few an wait 48 hours. The type of the other stops now should be guessed correctly. If that is not the case, you have to change the type of all of them.
What the Dots on the Map mean
All stops are marked as dots on the map, both shape and colour are important.
The shape of the dot indicates the type of stop:
|circle||bus or tram stop|
The colour indicates the the status of the relation:
|OSM data||black||OSM stop for which a Didok stop has been found|
|light blue||OSM stop without Didok stop|
|DIDOK data||green||Didok stop where an OSM stop with the same name was found|
|green with red border||Didok stop where OSM stop with a similar name was found|
|yellow with red border||Didok stop where an OSM stop with a different name was found|
|red||unconnected Didok stop|
Other Things to Note
- You will need to give a user name before changes can be made. Please use your OSM user name or your e-mail-address, so we can contact you if there are any questions regarding the changes you made.
- The map is aligned once a day with the OSM data. Any errors you find in the OSM data should be fixed directly in OSM and will appear in the map within a day.
- The map shows only 300 objects at the same time to avoid crashing your browser. Always zoom into the area you are working on. It still may happen that the browser becomes unresponsive after a while, the closing the window and reopening it is the only way out.
- For questions and suggestions write a mail to Lonvia or datendelphin, or write to the Swiss mailing list or the forum.
- bus and tram-station at the same time => tram station?