|information = tactile_map|
|A map that can be read with fingers|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A tactile map is a map that can be read with fingers. It is flat and does not have 3D-like buildings like a tactile model.
Tag a tactile map like this:
- information=tactile_map or information=audio_tactile_map
- blind:description:en=Tactile map showing the Royal Gardens of Hanover Herrenhausen.
- blind:description:de=Taktile Karte von den Königlichen Gärten in Hannover Herrenhausen.
- See DisabilityDescription.
Frequently used combinations
This is a picture of a public tactile map made of bronze in Hannover, Germany, showing the royal gardens in Herrenhausen.
Tactile map of main railway station in Hannover, Germany.
First Tactile Map from OSM data was moved to HaptoRender.
Rendering of public tactile maps on visual maps
There is a visual map with features for the blind:
Rendering and production of personal tactile maps
- Project HaptoRender
- I'm playing around with generating something that can be printed by graphical embossers from viewplus: http://bob.cakebox.net/osm/tactilosma/ -- Bobkare 19:33, 20 June 2009 (UTC)