|amenity = cinema|
|Cinema/movie theater - place for showing movies.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Used to tag a cinema - a place showing movies (films), generally open to the public for a fee. Commonly referred to as a movie theater in the US.
How to Map
Either add a node at the centre of the cinema or trace the building outline as a closed way . Add the tag amenity=cinema to the node or closed way. You can also add name=* as well as operator=* (AMC, Carmike, etc) tags if known.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The name of the cinema
- operator=* - The organisation / brand operating the cinema
- building=cinema - To describe the type of building
- drive_in=yes/no - To indicate if a cinema is a drive-in cinema. See Wikipedia:Drive-in theater for more information.
- deaf:description:en=This cinema regularily offers movies with subtitles. - Description / notes relevant to deaf people. Where "en" stands for English.
- cinema:3D=yes/no - Does the cinema do 3D movies (where you wear the special glasses)
- screen=* - To indicate the number of screens.
- min_age=* - For cinemas specialized in age-restricted content
| Odeon West End London
name=Odeon West End
See London for a reference.