|leisure = pitch|
|An area designed for playing a particular sport, normally designated with appropriate markings.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
leisure=pitch is used for a , an area designed for playing a particular sport, normally designated with appropriate markings. Examples include: tennis court, basketball court, ball park, riding arena.
Pitches may be contained within a larger landuse=recreation_ground, leisure=park, leisure=sports_centre, leisure=horse_riding or specific sports field (see the discussion/talk page for discussion on how to tag a larger sports field). A facility with seating for large numbers of spectators should be tagged with leisure=stadium retaining leisure=pitch for the playing surface itself. A golf course should be tagged as leisure=golf_course rather than as a pitch.
How to map
Create a node, or for preference an area for the sports pitch and tag it with leisure=pitch. Where appropriate also tag it with the appropriate sport using sport=*. The surface type can be specified using surface=*, particularly if it is not grass which is probably often the assumption.
|leisure=pitch; sport=tennis; surface=paved||a cement tennis court|
|leisure=pitch; sport=skateboard; surface=paved||a skate park|
|leisure=pitch; sport=soccer; surface=earth||a dirt soccer field|
|leisure=pitch; sport=basketball; surface=asphalt||a blacktop basketball court|
|leisure=pitch; sport=beachvolleyball; surface=sand||a beach volleyball court|
|leisure=pitch; sport=equestrian; surface=sand||a|
- lit=yes - There are lights above the field/court/...
- access=private - Not just anyone can use this
- capacity=number - If your area includes 2 courts or 3 fields
- leisure=sports_centre - Sports facility covering a larger area, which may include pitches as well as sports halls.
- leisure=horse_riding - Equestrian facility covering a larger area, which may include riding arenas (as pitches) as well as riding halls.
Possible Tagging Mistakes