|man_made = obelisk|
|Tall, narrow, four-sided, tapering monument which usually ends in a pyramid-like shape at the top.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
The main tag to be used should be man_made=obelisk.
Other properties might be (if you know them, tag them):
- height=* for the overall height of the obelisk in meters above ground including the base and added items on top
- obelisk:height=* for the net height in meters of the obelisk itself (without base, "crown" and other additions)
- obelisk:weight=* for the weight of the obelisk in (metric) tons.
- obelisk:material=*, suggested values are granite, basalt,
- obelisk:size=*, to roughly distinguish small ones from big ones. Especially for the smaller ones it might be difficult to get exact height or weight values. Values are:
- historic:civilization=* for the civilization that originally carved / built the obelisk
- ele=* if you know the elevation of the ground. Together with height=* this allows to calculate the elevation of the top.
In some cases you might want to add
- historic=memorial for really small ones that don't qualify as monuments.
(Later) additions to the obelisk
Sometimes the obelisks have later additions like a cross, a crown or like this one:  Also the bases are mostly more recent than the obelisks themselves.