|military = airfield|
|A place where military planes take off and land.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
- See on Wikipedia
An airfield is a place where military planes take off and land. They are different from civilian airports in that they do not provide for large volume of passenger transits, and cargo handling is not processed by the customs and immigration facilities. Some military air forces combine use of civilian airports with the hosting of military units.
How to map
- landuse=military obligatory
- military=airfield obligatory
- aeroway=aerodrome - indicates that it is an airfield
- icao=* - ICAO Code of the air base
- iata=* - IATA Code of the air base
For more tags see Aeroways.