From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|network = nwn|
|Specifies a hiking route as a national route.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
network=nwn specifies the hiking route as a national route.
How to map?
The following characteristics should be included on the relation:
- type=route - mandatory
- route=hiking - mandatory
- network=nwn - mandatory
- ref=* - reference of the route (e.g. E1)
- name=* - official name of the route (e.g. Frankenweg)
- description=* - what is special about this route
- operator=* - the route is operated by this authority/company etc. e.g. Alpenverein
- distance=* - the distance covered by this route, if known. For information of users and automatic evaluation e.g. of completeness. Given including a unit and with a dot for decimals. (e.g. 12.5km)
- symbol=* - describes the symbol that is used to mark the way along the route, e.g., Red cross on white ground for the "Frankenweg" in Franconia, Germany.
- osmc:symbol=* - coded description of the route marker symbol
- wiki:symbol=* - reference to a route marker symbol uploaded to the OSM wiki