|shop = electrical|
|Shop selling electrical supplies and devices|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
An electrical store is a shop focused on selling different electrical supplies (cable, cable channels, electric sockets etc) and electrical devices (electric meters, junction boxes, fuse boxes etc). Apart from shop=electronics such shops do not sell consumer electronics.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* the name of the shop
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- shop=doityourself- A Do-it-Yourself-store (DIY for short) offers supplies for doing things yourself - household repairs and improvements, making things from wood and other materials. For example: paint, drilling machine, light-bulbs, screw-driver, bbq-stuff. TODO: Document how to distinguish (under discussion)
- shop=trade - A place of business that sells to a particular trade or trades, but normally also retails to normal consumers. Examples include building supplies, timber yards, plumbing specialists and so on.
- shop=electronics - Shop selling consumer electronics (TV, radio, fridge) A shop just selling "power tools" would probably count as shop=hardware though
- shop=variety_store - A retail store that sells inexpensive items, sometimes at fixed price point. Goods cut across several categories, but often include hardware, kitchenware, homeware items.
- shop=lighting - A shop selling lighting fixtures.
- craft=* - Relatively new tagging scheme. A whole key for shops where people *do* a trade such as carpenters.