Bike / Fahrrad
I am testing / reading documentation to find the correct way for bicycle path tagging. There doesn´t seem to be a consensus about the way, bicycle paths should be added (e.g. as additional key/value pairs to an existing way or represented by a new way).
- First Test: Braunschweig, Hamburger Straße / Ring
I started addding additional ways for each cyclepath to see how it will be rendered, how much work it would be, etc. Not shure, if this is the way to go, though.
Maybe I will start with a wiki page about this stuff before adding more Bicycle ways.
- Update: I have just started a Bicycle Portal Page on the OSM Wiki. This will hopefully bundle all bicycle related information at one place, but is far from being complete (yet).
interesting stuff / other people
- Cycleways on Wikipedia: 
- Karl Eichwalder has also started some description / tagging guide
- Kumakyoo has collected some pros and cons about mapping cycleways as separate ways: 
- ... and a collection of cycleway tags with nice photos :-) User:Kumakyoo/Fahrrad2
- Details about the highway tag: Key:highway
- Details about the cycleway tag: Key:cycleway
- And there is yet another cycleway page: Cycleway
- A page about the german shared multipath (bike/foot) "gemeinsamer Rad- und Fußweg": Proposed_features/Cycle_and_Footway
- A Page about rendering cycle ways: Rendering_Cycleway_Maps
- The cycle Layer: Cycle_layer
- About national / international Cycle_routes
- Cycle routes rendered at gravitystorm.co.uk
- Some interesting thoughts about a new tagging scheme: Cycleway/New_Mapping_Scheme
areas / ideas
- add cycle tracks with bike routing in mind
- cycle routes (national/international) ?
- bicycle parking amenities
- Park&Ride for cyclists? -> Braunschweig Neubaugebiete
- bicycle repair and shops
- bike rental (e.g. bahn&bike)