Look and Listen Map
(Redirected from Lalm)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look and Listen Map|
|Author:||Lulu-Ann and Jongleur|
Look and Listen Map is an online map and routing service for blind, visually impaired and sighted persons based on OSM data.
- June 2012 - Development on Toolserver is ongoing. Domain http://www.lalm.de is in use.
- Look and Listen Map won German eLearning prize in category "campus" in Karlsruhe at the Learntec fair.
- Nominated for D-ELINA 2012 (German eLearning prize) http://www.d-elina.de/ (German)
- Dec 2011. Development has started. Server and domains are available.
- Oct 21, 2011: Look and Listen Map wins Torsten Brand Preis for solutions for blind and sighted persons. Guide Me wins 3rd. , 
- Dec 2010. The project idea is winner of the WissensWert competition.
- Collection of requirements: Finished, see: Requierements (German) OK
- Project planning: Plan exists, of course it is a living document that is being worked on. OK
- Project partners:
Cancelled, because of too much bureaucracy. OK without! Universität Paderborn, C-Lab
- Programming: Has started in 2011.
- Test version: Not continuously online. Not needed anymore, because server is available now. OK
- Server for development: Available since January 2012. OK
- OSM Database accessible: OK
- Visual map integration: Dummy. OK
- Domains: Registered in January 2012. OK
- FAQ page: Done and available on http://www.look-and-listen-map.net
- OSM data for whole world: Planned.
- CSS design that fits needs of persons with visual impairments: planned
- Place name search: basic funktionality implemented. Needs improvement. Work ongoing
- Requirements for User Interface: detailed specification: Work ongoing
- Surrounding description in text: Work ongoing.
- Exploration mode: Work ongoing
- Routing: Work ongoing
- Multi-Language-Support: Work ongoing
Cooperations and Sponsors
Accessibility Research and Development Unit of Siemens (Siemens AG / CT T DE ACC) University of Paderborn, Germany
- Wikimedia e.V. Germany, Wissenswert Wettbewerb 2010 http://www.wikimedia.de
- Torsten Brand Preis 2011 (1. Platz), http://www.nuance.com
- Deutscher eLearning Innovations- und Nachwuchs-Award 2012 D-ELINA http://www.d-elina.de
- Mailing list subscription: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- German mailing list subscription mailto:BlindenNavigationemail@example.com
- Podcast Ariadnes Faden (German)
Our other projects
Please, if you want to stay informed, to not ask by mail. Sign our mailing lists. See above.