|Authors||Bart Vanhauwaert, Chris Browet, Ladislav Láska and others.|
|License||GNU General Public License (free of charge)|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Unix, and macOS|
|Programming languages||C++ and Qt|
Good editor with styling
Merkaartor is an OpenStreetMap editor for Linux, macOS and Windows, distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Homepage: http://merkaartor.be/
- Download: Binary packages are available for various Linux distributions and Windows from the Merkaartor download page. (Mac possibly supported, but no binary download available)
- Nightly builded versions are available for Windows and Mac OS X systems at bintray.com
- OpenStreetMap Wiki Merkaartor Documentation.
- Screenshots (archived version as of 2013-10-17)
- Need help? Get support from the Merkaartor mailing list
- Want to help? Take a look on how to contribute or offer your help at the mailing list! Source code and issue tracker are hosted at github.
- Localization of menu text etc is managed via Transifex
Merkaartor has some unique features such as...
- Map view near-WYSIWYG, anti-aliased, with road names
- Transparent display of map features like roads, amenities and areas
- Style editor for the map display, including multiple styles
- Support for handling separated highways
- Easy up/download from OpenStreetMap data
- Render an area with the current style (SVG or Bitmap)
- Native application (developed with the Qt4 toolkit), thus no need for installing a Java Runtime Environment.
- Import NMEA files
- Live connection to your GPS
- Experimental mobile device support (Pocket PCs)
- View your GPS tracks and geotagged photos without the need to upload them
Problems and solutions
multi polygon causes program crash
Sometimes the function add to multi polygon causes a program crash. Therefore before creating one, the file should be saved. If it crashes again, add to relation can be used, which doesn't crash. Then the roles inner and outer must be added manually.
When uploading, a error message can appear, which says precondition failed. Node <xy> still in use. This might happen on deleting objects. If so, export the file to .osc-format and open it. In the <modify></modify> section you must delete these named objects manually (xml-editor or notepad). After that, import it again and try uploading again.
<object with negative number> not found
This might occur on upload, if an already uploaded object is modified again. For solving, export to .osc-format, open the file and delete the part (xml-editor or notepad). Then import the file again.