Proposed features/Fire water well
|Fire water well|
|Proposal status:||Canceled (inactive)|
|Definition:||a water well where firefighters can connect their pump to obtain groundwater|
|RFC start:||date of the Request For Comments mail sent to the talk-list|
|Vote start:||when voting can be started|
|Vote end:||when voting is finished|
The fire water well is a groundwater well where firefighters can connect a pump to obtain water. Depending on the water level the well can itself contain an electric or water driven bilge pump.
There is a tag for obtaining water from lakes and rivers emergency=suction_point which is also used for fire water wells. To describe the position fire_hydrant:position=* is sometimes used. As a water well is not a hydrant there should be an own tag for these water wells.
- fire_water_well:type=* suction/bilge_pump/electric_pump (no pump, water driven pump, electric pump)
- fire_water_well:productivity=* small/medium/large/# (productivity in liters per min; small: 400-800l/min, medium: 800-1600l/min, large: 1600+ l/min or value in l/min)
- fire_water_well:coupling_type=* (see hose_couplings)
- fire_water_well:water_level=* water level below ground in meters
- fire_water_well:position=* lane/parking_lot/sidewalk/green