Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at Tag:amenity=prison.|
The new feature would be used on a node. The proposed tag is
<tag k="amenity" v="prison"/>
Will make one later on, maybe some prison window with bars or maybe a ball with a chain?
- for this sad place maybe handcuffs scoid 15:36, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
- Which name is best: prison, jail, penitentiary, correctional facility orsomething else? Is there a difference in these terms?
- Do we need different types of prisons, based on type of convicts, security?
- I my view probably not, if you are sent to prison or visiting a prison you will already know what category it is, similarly if you were living or intending to live nearby, in any other situation it becomes just a landmark to navigate by thus its category is irrelavant --Batchoy 19:22, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Can we really call a prison an amenity? I am not a native English speaker, but that sounds very strange to me. Do we only use amenity here because we don't have a better classification? I see the need for tagging prisons, but I don't like the amenity thing. It would better fit into some kind of public_building category. Joto 21:49, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with you here that amenity is not exactly the right classification, and given the discussion that is appearing on several other current proposals, I think it prompts the need for a wholesale rethink of the amenity classification, either by creating subclassifications ie amenity=public_building, public_building=prison or by moving public buildings into their own classification, as is the proposal for shops. This then simplifies rendering by allow groups of related features to be turned on and off, and potentially the stripping of data when it is being prepared for use in navigation systems. So one could have a transport classification that included fuel satitons, carparks, bus stops etc, a communications classification: post offices, postboxes, telepones etc. ---Batchoy 10:13, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
Prison definition on Wikipedia.
- I approve this proposal. MikeCollinson 03:44, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal, although some concerns (check discussion) Ben. 18:21 18th Decemeber 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --User:David.earl 12:25, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --KristianThy 13:29, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Batchoy 13:55, 19 December 2006 (UTC)