Proposed features/Restaurant Classification
This map feature proposal has been abandoned due to objections regarding verifiability.
Some classifications for restaurants:
- Isn't adding price= slightly opinion based, also it would only be relative, and also its not really anything to do with mapping. Splitting apart types of restaurant's can be justified as it may be clear what they are from the road, and they may help you find your way, but extra data like price doesn't help in that sence. Ben 23:35, 7 June 2007 (BST)
- I thought road widths were subjective. I think that prices are quite definate, as they publish the prices on the menus. Bruce89 19:23, 10 June 2007 (BST)
- Point mist. It's not about how flexible a tag is, its about weather it has anything to do with mapping. Maps are about getting to places, not finding information on places. I think this is a sketchy path to be going down because it's eventually going to swampt the database, with things that are not map data. If we add prices, then what? were opening the gates. It is something many people want to add it would seem, but I don't think that makes it map data. Bartv was predicting this a while ago if I recall, and although I still disagree that shop's/amenities and alike, shouldn't be mapped, he did have a point...he was just one step ahead! Ben 05:57, 11 July 2007 (BST)
- good idea. I was just adding a couple of restaurants today and was missing exactly this tag (cuisine)! The price needs more differentiation, as expensive and really expensive is quite a difference :-) --Cdaller 23:28, 10 July 2007 (BST)
- Personally, I'd been using a de-facto food= tags and than a cusine= key for restraunts. ShakespeareFan00 14:38, 19 February 2008 (UTC)