State Of The Map 2010/Getting there
In order to get there, there are two major routes to get to Girona.
Girona Airport (GRO)
The Girona airport is frequently used by some low-cost companies, so if you live in Europe, chances are you could get a cheap flight. Take a look at the list of companies operating from Girona Airport
At the airport, take the shuttle bus to the city centre (around 25 minutes and 2.5€)
Barcelona Airport (BCN)
To get from the airport to Girona you have two options: train or coach.
- Take the train from terminal 2 (map), which will get you to the "Barcelona-Sants" train station.
- If you arrive in terminal 1 (map) of the Barcelona airport, you'll have to catch either a shuttle bus to terminal 2 (free) then a train, or a shuttle bus to Plaza de Espanya (5€), then walk 6 blocks.
- From Barcelona-Sants, take a train directly to the Girona train station (around 8€).
Alternatively, you may take a coach from "AEROPUERTO DEL PRAT" to "GERONA". This will take you in about 1h45m from the airport to Girona.
The international train via France has also a stop in Girona.
- Elipsos Night Train
- Paris - Barcelona (stops in Girona)
- Zurich - Barcelona (stops in Girona)
- Milan - Barcolona (stops in Girona)