Jump to navigation Jump to search
|place = islet|
|A very small island.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Anis a very small island with an area less than about 1 square kilometre (0.39 sq mi). Types of islet include rocks with some vegetation, small river islands, subsidiary islands, sea stacks and isolated sand bars. Some islets are tidal islands meaning that they're only surrounded by the sea during high-tide.
How to map
Draw a node at the location of the islet or an area (counterclockwise) along the coastline of the islet. Then add the tags
- You can also add the way into a multipolygon relation depending on how the surrounding water is tagged.
- If the islet is located in the sea or ocean, add natural=coastline
- place=island any bigger islands
- place=archipelago for groups of islands and islets
- natural=coastline for mapping the coastline of islets in the sea