Talk:Proposed features/Drop Bollard

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

As there are many types of bollard (Sinkable, foldable, removable), I would use the existing barrier=bollard and use a bollard= tag for specifying the type of the bollard. [leont, 2011-04-13]

All bollards that I have seen in recent times are collapsible to allow emergency access. There are also similar looking barriers that are permanent and much sturdier, for example at fuel stations to prevent cars from accidentally backing into fuel pumps, or around government buildings to thwart car bombs. I don't know if they should be called bollards or something else. --T99 10:05, 20 June 2011 (BST)