Things and places I'm mapping
I'm currently living west a bit of Inverness, though often travel around various other parts of Scotland. I'm mostly mapping by bike, on or off road, using a Garmin eTrex Venture Cx or a Foretrex 401. Plus some mapping on foot in town.
- I think just about all of the roads (primary/secondary/tertiary/unclassified) in this area are now mapped.
- still quite a few residential streets in the villages and towns to map
- mapped just about everything in Beauly (all roads/streets, most paths, shops, phone boxes, substations etc). Still some areas/parks to do.
- mapping the Great Glen Way, mostly from the northern end (Inverness to Drumnadrochit).
- mapping various other forest tracks and paths
I have made a OSM rendering of Scotland, using Gaelic names. It can be found at OSM Alba. Add more Gaelic names to places, so they appear on the map! Use the name:gd=* tag. Any comments/suggestions about OSM Alba would be welcome.