ScanEx, also known as kosmosnimki, have given the OpenStreetMap community access to a layer of satellite imagery, the IRS for full use in the project. This was announced 3 December 2009 at the Conference "Earth from space", held in Moscow. Agreement will be signed in the near future, but you can trace right now. IRS covers almost the entire territory of Russia and even captures a bit of Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan. The claimed resolution is 6 m per pixel.
How connect kosmosnimki.ru to Potlatch
Click the following link: Start potlatch with kosmosnimki imagery
You also have the option to 'Fade Background'
Alternatively you can switch to this view while editing as follows:
- Press button in the bottom-left corner (Set options, choose the map background)
- Select 'Custom'
- Enter the tile URL: http://irs.gis-lab.info/?request=GetTile&layers=irs&format=image/jpeg&z=!&x=!&y=! in the window near 'Custom'
- Press "OK" and watch Кosmosnimki background appearing.
How connect kosmosnimki.ru to JOSM
- Run JOSM (from version 3715, stable from 3878).
- Switch on "Imaginery preferences":
- Press F12 or menu "Edit" - command "Preferences".
- Menu "WMS/TMS"
- Select "+ add new WMS/TMS (Add imagery URL)".
- Insert strings in "Menu name":
- SCANEX RU
- Insert strings in "WMS URL":
- Press button "OK".
- Add new background layer "SCANEX RU"
Congratulations! Now you can start tracing the imagery.
http://kosmosnimki.ru - Satellite Imagery Site
http://www.scanex.ru/en/index.html - ScanEx, Research and Development center, owner kosmosnimki.ru
Copyright of remote sensing data, satellite IRS 1 c/d, IRS P5, IRS P6 ANTRIX Corporation (India). The right of receiving, processing and dissemination of remote sensing IRS 1 c/d on the territory of Russia and CIS handed over to the Engineering Technology Center ScanEx in accordance with the agreement No. ANTX/04/123/R&D, of 12 August 2002, the right of receiving, processing and dissemination of remote sensing IRS P5 and P6 handed over to the IRS Engineering Technology Center ScanEx in accordance with the license agreement of 9 August 2006. and license agreement of 12 November 2004.