Community Update from 31 January 2011 to 06 February 2011 (week 2011-05)
Image Of the Week 2011-05
Municipality council using Nicolas Dumoulin's map of potential flood, fire, cave-in hazards in a town.
Project Of The Week : Confectionery
It was a magical place when we were younger. A place full of sweet scents, that lead to sticky fingers and perhaps a bit of stray sugar on a cheek. It was exciting to be going there and disappointing to have to leave.
You can make an excuse to revisit that place of happy memories, new flavor discoveries and a tiny little bit of sugar-inspired energy. The Project of the Week is to map your local candy store.
News Of The Week
- State Of The Map is looking for committee members
- OpenDEM has started, collecting a free digital elevation model
- Bing road detect API announced
- Visualisation of the number of "place" tags by country
- OSM layer in Layar (augmented reality app)
- The Association for Geographic informations recommends a OSM book 
- The Thames21 (a UK social waterway service) uses OSM for a 'treasure map' 
- Steve Chilton wants to introduce a neogeography SIG to the International Cartographic Association 
- An animation of bicycle renting in London, assisted by OSM 
- user:Geohacker gives talk at the FOSSMEET at India 
- At Friday a Webinar about tips for Potlatch2 took place 
- Company Beyonav performed some analytics and stats on the OSM data growth 
- Another Report of the OSM-F working groups 
- OpenMaps got an update
- Merkaartor bugfix release: 0.17.1
- Skobbler updated their QA portal MapDust 
Project of the week Graphs
Project of the week has added graphs to page, trying to quantify the amount of work generated by this initiative. If you follow the project, check on the POTW page.
Creative Commons For DB
As it was too easy with the licence change, Creative Commons people are working on a 4.0 version that has parts specially written to handle databases. Obviously this has opened a heated debate on the list.
RFC: Relations of Site
This proposition aims to create a relation to group elements of a site such as a school together. You can add members, entrances or site type.
As usual, please make your comments on the proposal talk page.