Deploying your own Slippy Map
Deploying your own Slippy Map is a common way of Using OpenStreetMap.
|Please don't forget to credit OpenStreetMap. See Legal FAQ for details|
- Google Maps Example shows how to use the Google Maps API to present OSM maps.
- Jawg Widgets () are state-of-the-art open-source html/js widgets for a seamless integration of maps and services (routes, geocoding...).
- YCanvas (ycanvas.yoz.sk) Flash/AIR library for web and mobile deployment.
- Zoom zoom zoom map has a nice smooth zoom feature
- Khtmlib also smooth zooms
- Ka-Map (ka-map.maptools.org)
- AFComponents UMap (umapper.com) embeddable Flash slippy map
- OpenScales (openscales.org) mapping framework in ActionScript (flash), configurable by xml
- BruTile (brutile.codeplex.com) a C# library for tile services (use online via silverlight)
Embedding OSM in a CMS/framework
You can embed OSM in your favourite Content Management System:
with OSM map embedded
|CMS Made Simple||Osm Tag||Module based on OpenLayers||GitHub||Documentation in manpage|
|CMS Made Simple||Leaflet Tag||Module based on Leaflet||GitHub||Documentation in manpage|
|Django||GeoDjango||A world-class geographic web framework||included in the Django framework||A world-class geographic web framework||geodjango-basic-apps|
|Django||OSMEditor||a little old...||||Editors/Django#Installation|
|Drupal||DrupalMappingKit||collection of drupal modules to support custom mapping||||Drupal tutorial from MapBox MapBox|
|Drupal||Leaflet module||Leaflet module|
|Drupal||OpenLayers module||OpenLayers module|
|Joomla||OSModul||Module based on Leaflet and supports markers|||
|MediaWiki||See MediaWiki extension||(this wiki! )|
|MoinMoin||moinmoinosm||Macro for MoinMoin||||||Flisol|
|Novius OS||Ounziw OSM||iframe style OSM map||GitHub|
|Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware||built-in||via OpenLayers|
|WordPress||OSM WordPress Plugin||also adds gpx and kml files||Download||Simple sample||Plugin Blog|
- Cartaro is a framework for embedding maps in different CMS, especially Drupal.
Sources of tiles
|It is highly recommend to contact the operators before using their servers! Respect their tile usage policy.|
OpenStreetMap tile servers
Alternative tile servers
Alternative tile providers (with their own usage policies) are available. Some of them are combining OSM data with their own imagery and/or applying different colours and styles of map details.
Your own map tiles
For ultimate flexibility, OpenStreetMap also gives you the unique ability to generate your own map tiles — styled any way you like — from our data.
- See Switch2Osm.org for more information on serving your own tiles.
- TileLauncher is a free out-of-the-box styled-tileserver for Amazon EC2. In a few clicks, choose your theme colours, your Amazon Instance type, your region, enter your credentials and press "Launch". 
- Tiledrawer is a free, quick-start, out-of-the-box renderer and server using the standard OSM toolchain for Amazon EC2, other virtual servers, and fresh installs of Ubuntu on any hardware.