From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Indicates whether a feature is animated, and the way it is animated.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
The key animated=* indicates that the feature is animated.
Most often used on advertising devices tagged with advertising=*, and in that case it indicates the way the advertising devices is animated.
- animated=no: the feature is not animated, it is static.
- animated=yes: the feature is animated, it is mobile, it changes over the time, it is dynamic.
- animated=trivision_blades: for advertising billboard regularly changing by rotating triangular blades, or triangular prisms that rotate, a.k.a. .
- animated=winding_posters: for advertising billboard regularly changing by successive scrolling or winding of posters at regular intervals.
- animated=revolving: for advertising column rotating on itself, to display posters in all directions.
- animated=screen: for advertising device showing videos on screen.
- animated=digital_messages: for advertising device displaying digital message, for example traffic information message, or municipality message.
- animated=digital_prices: for advertising device displaying digital price, for example on gas station.
- animated=wind: for advertising device moving by wind, either rotating on itself, or more simply like flag.
Combinations on advertising unit
- OpenAdvertMap shows advertising=* features using a thematic rendering. A particular icon is shown in features' popup when animated=* is defined.