|For advertising elements like billboards and advertising columns|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Used to describe advertising devices
|advertising||poster_box||Designated board for putting up posters|
|advertising||sign||Advertising signs, also neon signs (use luminous) and logos|
|advertising||wall_painting||Advertising wall paintings|
This table is a wiki template with a default description in English. Editable here.
- luminous=* - the object is light emitting, e.g. neon lights
- animated=* - the object is animated
- revolving=* - the object is turning. Interessting for columns, but probably for other objects, too.
- orientation=* - the orientation of the object is portrait or landscape
In some cases it might be useful to have one or more of the following tags attached to further describe the advertising object.
- faces=* - amount of "front faces", default is 1 (see also amenity=clock)
- lit=* - the object is lit
- direction=* - to define the orientation of the billboard (exposure to the ad depends on this)
- height=* - the height of the advertising object.
- width=* - the width of the advertising object.
- ref=* - can be used to add a (e.g. registration) number, useful in some areas where a formal permit is required to set up advertising.
- informal=yes - can be added for advertising in areas where formal permit would be required but the object was mounted without this permit.
- operator=* - the company that operates the billboard
- visibility=* - see amenity=clock
- billboard_count=* - number of billboards when using advertising=small_billboards
- level=* - to define if the billboard is underground use -1 (eg. for subway advertising)
- support=wall_mounted - can be added for billboard fixed on the wall.