|man_made = flagpole|
|A long pole built to hold a flag|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Flagpoles are important manmade landmarks. Usually they are visible over a long distance. Some flags are signals (at beach for swimmers). See Emergency_(facilities)#Lifeguards
We map the 'flagpole' rather than just a 'flag', because a flagpole has a clear static location. Information about the flag typically flown on that flagpole can be added with attributes.
How to map
|flag:type||signal||A flag that marks a spot (like guard towers or places for first aid)||No Icon|
|national||The main flag of a nation. Usually found on governmental buildings.||No Icon|
Tags to use in combination
- operator=* - Who hoists the flag?
- flag:type=signal/national/governmental/... - A type classification for flags
- height=## - Height of the flagpole in metres (No need to write 'metres' or 'm'. Just the number)
- lit=yes - If the flag is lit up, e.g. with floodlights at night
- advertising=flag - For advertisement, rather than civic flags
Only distinctive flagpoles should be mapped. This definition does not aim on the small flags on golfcourses.
suggested by User:Chrisana13
There are very few signal flags in the map. We will have to evaluate what tags are most useful to describe the kind of signal and the meaning. In a further proposal the flag can be extended.