|Date of latest review of the data|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag is intended to document the last date, when an object as a whole or specific tags of the object were checked and verified. This tag may be used with all items where information is subject to change on a regular basis.
The date should be specified using the ISO 8601 basic format YYYY-MM-DD.
To indicate the review of specific tags the key is built from multiple words separated by colons like check_date:collection_times=* or check_date:opening_hours=*.
There are a number of other tags in use for documenting the date of a survey or update. Apparently there is no consensus as yet on which tag to use. You should try to use one of those tags that others have already used for the same purpose. Do note, however, that not all of the tags listed here mean exactly the same thing.
- survey:date=* data: 233.000, last users: 2491
- lastcheck=* data: 6491, last users 262
- survey=* data: 4446, last users: 404
- survey_date=* data: 3402, last users: 114
- updated=* data: 2095, last users: 42
- last_checked=* data: 1548, last users: 107
The numbers documented here for tag counts and users are based on data from Taginfo (check_date=2016-07-01).
The last edit date may have been by an armchair mapper, and does not imply a check date. A local mapper may verify some attributes of an object, but not others. In those cases it's important to know what attribute was checked (e.g. existence, temperature, taste, opening hours, repair status).
- Overpass_API/Overpass_API_by_Example#Alternative_that_also_checks_the_syntax_of_the_collection_time - example for QA of amenity=post_box
- Proposed features/changeset_tags
- Proposed features/Second opinion correctness survey
- Proposed features/Tag:operational_status
- Proposed features/last_checked (Abandoned)
- Proposed features/Checked_by (Abandoned)