From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|A section of railway which is no longer used but where the track and infrastructure remain in place.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A section of railway which is no longer used but where the track and infrastructure remain in place.
How to map?
- The track of the railway:
- some mappers use railway=disused + disused:railway=rail/light_rail/subway/tram; this scheme maintains backward compatibility for renderers not using the lifecycle prefixes for railways, essentially using disused:railway=* instead of disused=*;
- some mappers only use disused:railway=* without railway=disused, considering that
- railway=disused is useless, as disused:railway=* already says that the feature is disused, or
- it standardises the use of lifecycle prefixing for railways, instead of fully using it for non-track features, and partly for tracks, or
- it's up to the renderer to adapt to lifecycle prefixing, according to the Don't map for the renderer principle
- Other railway related features: use lifecycle prefix