From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|To specify megaliths|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
- historic=archaeological_site mandatory
- site_type=megalith mandatory
- megalith_type=dolmen - Dolmen, Großsteingrab (German) - single-chamber megalithic tomb, see
- megalith_type=tholos - Tholos = Beehive megalithic tomb, see
- megalith_type=menhir - Menhir = large upright standing stone, see
- megalith_type=stone_circle - stone circle, see
- megalith_type=grosssteingrab - Avoid. Prefer the English word: dolmen , single-chamber megalithic tomb, best known as dolmen (French, English), or Großsteingrab, aka Hünengrab (German) – not to be confused with a hill tomb, or tumulus (French), aka Hügelgrab (German) ! — see and
- megalith_type=passage_grave - passage grave (Ger. Ganggrab): - also called (Ger.) Langbett = long bed.
- megalith_type=chamber - only fragments of the grave are visible and the type can no longer be identified.
- megalith_type=nuraghe - The is the main type of ancient megalithic edifice found in Sardinia,
- moved=yes - optional - there are graves that have been moved. 
- When naming the megaliths, there is no avoiding the use the regional terms that have been coined in the different historical records and the varied history of the archaeological research. A unified English terminology is not possible, because for specific types of megaliths either no English word exists, or the established localised terminology is in use.