Ljubljana Mapping Party
It is estimated (from UK mapping experience) that it takes 2 hours (1h surveying + 1h editing) per 1000 inhabitants, so Ljubljana with 266000 inhabitants should be fully covered in roughly 500 man hours. Some of that has already been done. Having 2 full (10-12 hour work) days at disposal it means we need 20-25 participants to fully cover the city in one weekend. Even partial coverage is a success.
Weekend, September 8th-9th 2007:
- Saturday 10:00am-17:00pm: recording street names & GPS traces with own or OSMF GPS units on terrain
- Sunday 10:00am-late...: editing gathered data, and some additional recording of GPS traces.
Please add yourself to indicate interest. If you don't have a wiki account leave some other contact info (eg email). Also mention if you are missing some equipment.
- Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia
- Home Base in the city centre at Ljudmila on Rimska cesta 8
- Dividing the city into regions, depending on number of participants
- Office with
- Computers running JOSM and free net/wifi (for editing),
- A3 printer and/or copier (for printing existing maps with marked sectors to map)