OSM and OSL differences tileset
The OSM and OSL differences tileset is a tileset available for use as a background layer while editing in the UK. It highlights differences between the OS Locator data set of UK street names, and the street naming we have in the OpenStreetMap database.
This is created and maintained by ITO World based on the OS Locator boundaries of roads. Any ways not found in OSM are marked on these tiles as a bounding box encompassing the missing road. These tiles can be used as a background layer in Potlatch and JOSM.
More information is available on an ITOworld blog post about it
The OSM and OSL differences analysis tool gives stats by borough based on the same differences analysis.
A comma seperated .csv file of the changes from release to June 2011 is available here.
Using in editors
In Potlatch 2 you can simply click "Background" and select "OS OpenData Locator" (available only in the UK)
In potlatch original, add the following custom layer:
Or see it by launching Potlatch directly in Darlington
- Download some OSM data for within the UK
- You may be asked if you want to enable some new background imagery layers, choose yes, as this will include the OS Locator if you haven't already got it enabled.
- Imagery menu → OS OpenData Locator and the tiles will appear as a background.
- Edit → Preferences → choose the green "WMS TMS" tab on the left
- Add a layer menu entry with the following
- Menu Name: OS Locator diffs (ITO) --or whatever you want
- Service URL: tms:http://tiles.itoworld.com/os_locator -- adding this may break right now, just paste it into the table if you get wms: instead...
- Zoom to an area of interest, and then go to the imagery menu and choose the layer you just set up
Via the "TMS Editor" add a TMS with the following parameters
- Server Url: http://tiles.itoworld.com/os_locator/%1/%2/%3.png
- Tile Size: 256
- Minimum zoom: 0
- Maximum zoom: 17