Proposed features/Charging station
Charging stations supply energy for electric vehicles, like gas stations do for conventional vehicles. There are some different types of charging stations. E-Bikes e.g. can be charged at an domestic wall socket.
Very useful for navigating on an E-Bike, E-Scooter, Segway or electric car.
If there are many charging stations at one single place, they can be combined into a single charging place using a Charging place relation.
Old way of tagging
This proposal will deprecate:
Charging stations will no longer be tagged as
(but this tag is not deprecated, of course, because it is still used for liquid fuels.)
Charging Station Sockets
There are some charging stations which have several different sockets. Therefore it is necessary to have the possibility to enter the count for every type of socket.
The red CEE sockets define the available current by their different diameters of the circular housing, so they are different sockets. Usually, the red CEE sockets found are 16 A or 32 A.
- socket:schuko=* - number of Schuko sockets
- socket:cee_blue=* - number of blue CEE sockets (the same that are also used for power supply in camping sites)
- socket:cee_red_16a=* - number of red CEE sockets with 16 A current
- socket:cee_red_32a=* - number of red CEE sockets with 32 A current
- socket:cee_red_64a=* - number of red CEE sockets with 63 A current
- socket:cee_red_125a=* - number of red CEE sockets with 125 A current
- socket:type1=* - number of Type1 sockets
- socket:type2=* - number of Type2 sockets
- socket:type3=* - number of Type3 sockets
- socket:chademo=* - number of CHAdeMO sockets
- socket:scame=* - number of SCAME sockets
There may be sockets of which the voltage and the current is not tightly defined by the technical standard (blue CEE for example can have 200V to 250V) or which can be fused at different currents. It is possible to provide additional information about this.
- socket:*:voltage=* - the voltage which the socket has
- socket:*:current=* - the current which can be delivered by the socket
Please discuss values for these sockets on the discussion page.
The different vehicles that can be charged
For providing the information, which types of vehicles can be charged.
- bike=yes/no - electric bikes (also called pedalec) can be charged
- scooter=yes/no - electric scooters can be charged
- car=yes/no - electric cars can be charged
- truck=yes/no - electric trucks can be charged
If there is a number of dedicated parking places, you can provide the capacity information:
Some charging stations require authentication, even if charging is for free. Different operators use different authentication mechanisms for their charging stations. Some charging stations even support several authentication mechanisms, and the user can choose which to use.
- authentication:none=yes/no - the station can be used without authentication
- authentication:phone_call=yes/no - authentication via phone call is available
- authentication:short_message=yes/no - authentication via sending a short message is available
- authentication:nfc=yes/no - authentication via NFC is available
- authentication:money_card=* - authentication via money card is available (Cirrus, Maestro...)
- authentication:debit_card=* - authentication via debit card is available (VISA, MasterCard...)
- authentication:membership_card=* - authentication via a membership card is available, usually the card is provided by the operator.
- authentication:membership_card:types=* - List of membership cards that are accepted. e.g. Hubject, or regional provider with national cooperation agreements
More Tags for charging stations
Frequently used combinations
- power_supply=yes/no/type (for caravans, tents etc.)
- Do not count a parking space for charging only as an ordinary parking space. You might want to use capacity:charging=*
You can use the values for payment like in vending_machine=*.
There are some websites, where you can find charging stations :
- http://www.ebike-tankstellen.de/ (toter Link)
- Norway: ladestasjoner.no
- http://www.openchargemap.org (but own datastore)
- I like this proposal. Let's vote on it! --Lulu-Ann 12:33, 6 May 2011 (BST)
Shouldn't we set the status from Draft to proposal first, and improve the whole thing before we start the voting? ;) I think you know better, what to do next, because I'm still a newbie here. --Rockhuhn 16:17, 19 May 2011 (BST)
- I like this proposal. i agree with Lulu-Ann about the vote. Looking forward for a complete deprecation of fuel:electricity and a render of amenity=charging_station on mapnik,osmarender and cyclemap.--Giardia 16:25, 6 June 2011 (BST)
- I like this proposal. this is already widely in use and even a preset in josm... Floris Looijesteijn 14:20, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- I like this proposal. I start driving my EV next week so this feature can't be added soon enough for my liking. Can we bulk import data from http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/data_download/ ? CloneLot 08:38, 17 April 2012 (BST)
- I like this proposal. We need to start voting and introduce this tag!
Just use the tag if yo like it. Voting is a stupid, broken system that does more harm than good. Discuss, use and document tags, no voting. Chillly 15:29, 2 August 2012 (BST)
Ford the Netherlands you can use http://www.laad.nl to search charging stations. This includes als an App ande real time info
- I like this proposal. We need to start voting and introduce this tag!--Leftaf (talk) 21:48, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- I like this proposal. I would like to see this approved asap. I am looking at importing data from Open Charge Map (under discussion in imports maillist). I will be using these standard tags unless there are alternative proposals. How does this proposal get progressed? Paul Churchley (talk) 01:04, 11 September 2013 (UTC)