| amenity = fuel
|Used to mark filling stations|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The fuel tag is used to map a fuel station, also known as a filling station, petrol station, gas station and petrol garage. It is the retail-type facility where vehicles can be refueled.
How to Map
Often the station is operated operator=* by one of the major brands brand=* and has a tenant tenant=*. If the station has a name of its own, that can be tagged too using name=*. Related tags such as Addresses, phone=* and website=* can also be added.
Different fuel types are tagged as mentioned at fuel=*
Payment and Discounts
Use payment=* to tag payment options. Tag discounts as fuel:discount=<discount programme> in combination with amenity=fuel if the fuel station accepts discount vouchers, eg shopper dockets or other loyality programmes.
The roofs of petrol stations can be tagged with building=roof and layer=1. Use the maxheight=* tag indicate the maximum height (in meters, like 3.8) for a vehicle that can use the fuel pumps. Opening hours opening_hours=* may also be optionally tagged.
- Tag the building related to the fuel station as building=yes and optionally with any other appropriate tags (ie - operator, brand, tenant, name, opening hours, shop, etc)
- It is also a good idea to map the ways leading to, through and away from the fuel station as highway=service. Alternatively the area around the fuel pumps may be tagged as area:highway=service and surface=*.
- Kiosk: Add shop=kiosk (default is kiosk=no) to the fuel station if a kiosk exists.
- Convenience: Add shop=convenience to the fuel station if there is a convenience shop as part of the fueling area.
- Car Wash: Add an additional node amenity=car_wash if there is a car wash on site.
- Toilets: There may be toilets related to the fuel station. Map toilets as an additional node with amenity=toilets.
- Compressed air: Add a node for amenity=compressed_air, or just tag compressed_air=yes
See Weyhe for a reference.
Fuel station for watercraft, aircraft and rail vehicle
Fuel stations for other vehicle classes are partly tagged as
- Karbukoo you can change between french and english language for now, and it covers all the world, Wiki
Routing software that supports amenity=fuel as a POI
Related terms: <gas station> <petrol station>