Please don't use this tag
Use amenity=doctors in stead. See Talk:Tag:amenity=doctors#amenity=doctor should be merged here why.
|Definition:||a place you can go to get medical attention or do a check up|
Doctor is a place you can go to get medical attention or do a check up. These go from a single doctors office to larger establishments, please tag the size of the office in some way.
Here there is the Wikipedia page 
There is a new proposal on the way covering more aspects of healthcare: Proposed features/Healthcare
|Icon||Details and credits|
|Slightly caligraphic rod of Asclepius by achadwick, in Mapnik's colour for its hospital icon. That can be changed, of course. Does it need to be more geometric?|
|Larger version of the rod of Asclepius currently being used by JOSM, for comparison (from SVN).|
|(Old) stethoscope icon by Sergionaranja.|
|(Old) variations on a theme by Sergionaranja.|
|(Old) green version of the hospital icon, by Batchoy.|
|(Old) Batchoy's tweaked colour version.|
Please use the talk page.
Doctor is an academic title.
A professional healthcare expert is called
Not open for voting yet
- Proposed features/GP Surgery (tagged as amenity=doctors), which is invalid according to Rejected features.
- Proposed_features/Clinic_(Medical) (tagged as amenity=clinic), also invalid apparently, stuck somewhere in limbo between Draft and Proposed (but with no RFC having been posted).
- Healthcare 2.0
- Possibilities for the key
- medical, medicine (qualified medical professionals only?)
- healthcare (covers more: opticians, for example)
- Possibilities for values
- health center, health centre
- surgery, GP's surgery
- clinic, polyclinic
- *ist (several Greek-derived terms for medical specialist)
- Possibilities for either
- physician, doctor, gp, arzt