|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at key:mtb:description.|
|Definition:||A key to input variable infos related to mtbiking on a way with human words.|
Not everything can be classified with a tag system, so just like description=* this one mtb:description should give mountain bikers the possibility to add additional descriptions to ways suitable for mountain biking. It should only be used for information that does not concern other users of the way, in order not to clutter the description=*
Usage, Tags and Values
Value is plain text, e.g. "Mind the greasy rain grooves!", "Way becomes very difficult to cycle on when it's raining.", "many hikers in the evening", ...
Language of the value should be the local language (like in the key name=*). For localization we can add a language suffix if needed (e.g. mtb:description:fr, mtb:description:it mtb:description:es)
Some suggestions for slightly more (or less) interest depending on season
- mtb:description=Most bikes all year
- mtb:description=MTB needed in winter
- mtb:description=MTB needed all year
Not to be mistaken with "note", which is an internal key for mappers and not part of this proposal.
Could be added on mtb specific maps to the name of the way so that it's displayed. Or included to info fields.
started on 2009-06-02
- I approve this proposal. Just like description=* focused on mtb. Sletuffe 22:03, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. One more of the tags we need. --Extremecarver 23:05, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. don't see why you can't use description=* --abunai 18:55, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal, but only where description might conflict with other usages of the tag (description should be default). --Skippern 11:17, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Very important! Since there are many things which are only of interest for mtbiking end eventually misleading for other users, I think it is good to have a separate tag for mtb. (Perhaps this idea could also be used for other users?). Language should be the local language, with optional language tags (like with the name tag). --Kaivi 19:41, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. As Kaivi pointed out many aspects of a trail are only of interest for bikers --Marksman 22:21, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. We need more tags for mountainbikers --tommy777 23:49, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Essential. This would be of great help while planning a tour --sco 12:05, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Nice feature --Mightym 17:07, 3 July 2009 (UTC)