San Pedro, Laguna
|City of San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines|
|latitude: 14.368, longitude: 121.0493|
|Browse map of City of San Pedro 14°22′05″ N, 121°02′57″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
- 1 Why to map?
- 2 Mapping progress
- 2.1 San Antonio
- 2.2 San Vicente
- 2.3 Sampaguita
- 2.4 Poblacion
- 2.5 Landayan
- 2.6 Pacita I (separated from San Vicente after July 2015 plebiscite)
- 2.7 Pacita II (separated from San Vicente after July 2015 plebiscite)
- 2.8 Langgam
- 2.9 Riverside
- 2.10 Chrysanthemum
- 2.11 Rosario
- 2.12 Nueva
- 2.13 Cuyab
- 2.14 San Roque
- 3 Boundaries
- 4 Progress by feature type
- 4.1 Roads
- 4.2 Churches
- 4.3 Schools, colleges, and universities
- 4.3.1 San Antonio
- 4.3.2 Poblacion
- 4.3.3 San Vicente
- 4.3.4 Sampaguita
- 4.3.5 Landayan
- 4.3.6 Nueva
- 4.3.7 Pacita I and II
- 4.3.8 Olympia
- 4.3.9 Cuyab
- 4.3.10 Missing schools (some are already added as polygons, but still lack the name=* tag. Most needs a physical survey)(slashed names means that they are now mapped).
- 4.4 Supermarkets and marketplaces
- 4.5 Chain stores
Why to map?
- San Pedro is one of Laguna's main population centers. Its close proximity to Metro Manila makes the city the gateway to CALABARZON. It gained the city status after a December 2013 plebiscite.
- Most of the city still lacks coverage, especially some subdivisions and relocation sites.
- Some places are added, but with incomplete data, such as schools, where they are already mapped, but they do not have names. Ground surveys may be needed to complete those data.
The administrative boundaries of San Pedro is still incorrect. Several residential areas seem to be both in Biñan, but, the whole is actually within the limits of San Pedro. Before The Glens at Park Spring (mapped as part of Park Spring) is being mapped using Mapbox and ground surveys, the limits of San Pedro and Dasmariñas City is being on the location of the development, but it is actually being in a creek (some parts of that administrative boundary still needs to be changed to follow that creek)(This is already fixed)
Mapping work is done slowly. City boundaries are nearly fixed, with the boundary near Pacita I needs fixing. Some barangays (some added after the July 2015 plebiscite) are missing. Mapping are mainly concentrated on San Antonio, Poblacion, and Landayan. Barangay boundaries are being added slowly, starting with San Antonio and San Vicente.
The area near Puregold and San Pedro Town Center is nearly complete. Many private schools, such as Cittadini School (formerly Caterina and Giuditta Cittadini School) and Sisters of Mary Immaculate School (abbreviated as SMIS), are added. Updated Adelina Complex, with additions of schools and barangay hall extension office.
Mapping of Southville 3A started, with a few roads added. Adelina I schools are mapped. Place additions are made slowly.
Portions of Meralco's 34.5 kV and 20 kV lines added, mostly along Magsaysay Road.
Boundary of barangay added. Barangay hall added.
Survey done. Barangay boundary added. Schools added.
Buildings are almost added. The new City Hall still needs to be remapped using GPS traces or ground survey. Many places are still missing.
Updates are done using Mapbox imagery and a survey. Many places have been added now. Places along the National Highway are slowly added. Meralco 115 kV, 34.5 kV and 20 kV lines added along National Highway.
Pacita I (separated from San Vicente after July 2015 plebiscite)
Ground survey done, with a addition of some convenience stores. Road names corrected partially.
Some problems include some residential areas being in Biñan, and their boundaries need to be moved so those residential area is within San Pedro. Many places and buildings still missing.
Pacita II (separated from San Vicente after July 2015 plebiscite)
Approximate barangay boundary added. Some street names added (actually redoing mobile edits made by some users)
Mapping of the area is slowly progressing, including buildings and schools added as part of mapping for #ProjectNOAH.
Many places, street names, and schools are still missing. Ground survey needed
Survey done, but only on Chrysanthemum Avenue. Added few places. Fix speed limit (30 kph enforced within Chrysanthemum)
Some places are missing. Many street names are missing. Adding those names are made difficult by gated subdivisions that restrict access to sticker holders or residents.
Places are slowly added. Buildings are being realigned slowly.
Many places and street names are missing. Ground survey needed.
Some road names missing. Many places and buildings are missing.
The city boundaries have been fixed between Dasmarinas, Cavite and Binan. The city's boundary relation is:
Barangay boundaries are started to be added for San Pedro, starting with San Antonio and San Vicente. Boundaries being mapped are as follows:
- San Antonio ( )
- San Vicente ( )
- GSIS Village ( )
- Sampaguita ( )
- Pacita II ( )
Sitio boundaries are being slowly added, especially on the San Antonio area
- Kabalikat 5A
- Kabalikat 5B
- San Antonio East
Progress by feature type
Most roads have been mapped, but there is still some roads in Langgam to be added. Some of the major roads mapped are as follows.
- National Highway (Daang Maharlika)
- South Luzon Expressway
- Magsaysay Road
- A. Mabini
- Maharlika Street
- San Vicente Road
- Hernandez Street
- Pacita Avenue
Some of the Roman Catholic churches and parishes are as follows:
- Saint Peter the Apostle Parish (Poblacion)
- Christ The King Parish (GSIS Village)
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish (Fatima)
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish (United San Pedro Subdivision, San Antonio)
- Our Lady of Sorrows Church
- Santo Rosario Parish (Pacita 2)
- Santo Sepulcro Parish (Landayan)
- Holy Rosary Parish (Rosario)
Schools, colleges, and universities
Most of the schools and colleges have been mapped, but some are still missing; however, Maps.Me users added some schools and unnamed ones. Below is a list of schools and colleges (by barangay) mapped in OSM. Notes about each school can be seen in parentheses.
- Cittadini School (named as Caterina and Giuditta Cittadini School from 2005 to 2013)
- Sisters of Mary Immaculate School
- San Lorenzo School
- Laguna Northwestern College
- Adelina I National High School
- Adelina I National High School Southville 4A Annex
- Adelina Complex Elementary School
- San Antonio Elementary School
- United Montessorian School (name seems to be spelled with "Montessorean" instead, needs verification).
- Treasured Gems Christian Academy
- Strong Tower Christian Academy
- Lord's Shepherd School
- San Pedro Central Elementary School
- Liceo de San Pedro
- Saint Louis Anne Colleges - Annex
- Amazing Grace School
- Jesus the Risen Savior School
- San Pedro College of Business Administration
- Saint Louis Anne Colleges - Landayan Campus
- San Pedro Relocation Center National High School
- Landayan Elementary School
- Saint Peter Academy
- Franciscus Academy
- Saint Francis Institute of Computer Studies
Pacita I and II
- Casa del Nino Montessori School
- Laguna Northwestern College - Pacita
- Colegio de San Pedro
- Pacita Complex Elementary School
- Our Lady of Assumption College
- Mater Ecclesiae School
- Greatland School of San Pedro
- Our Lady of Fatima School of San Pedro
Missing schools (some are already added as polygons, but still lack the name=* tag. Most needs a physical survey)(slashed names means that they are now mapped).
- Agnus Dei School (possibly on Quezon Street)
- San Antonio Elementary School
- Infant Jesus Montessori Center (inside Camella Woodhills)(because of access restrictions, the actual location cannot be easily found.)
- Saint Paul Montessori Center (on Saint Joseph Village, accessible via a road from San Vicente Road)
Jesus the Risen Savior School
- Sampaguita National High School
ACLC (located near a bridge segment of A. Mabini Street. To be added soon)Now added
Pacita I and II
Name added by re-doing mobile edit made via (Colegio de San Pedro)(needs ground verification)Maps.Me Local user added name (Pacita Complex National High School)(needs ground verification)
- Catholic School of Pacita
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School
Supermarkets and marketplaces
Some of the supermarkets and marketplaces mapped are as follows (Parentheses indicates branches, if multiple stores exist)
- Puregold (San Pedro and Pacita branches)
- San Pedro Town Center
- Suki Market
- San Roque Supermarket
- Savemore Market
- Robinsons Supermarket
- Rey-sal Supermarket
- R&S Supermarket
- Ever Supermarket
- 7-Eleven - 11 branches
- Ministop - 4 branches
- Alfamart - 4 branches
- All Day Convenience Store - 1 branch
- Mightee Mart - 1 branch
- San Mig Food Avenue (mostly rebranded Petron's Treats stores) - 1 branch
Fast food and restaurants
- Jollibee - 3 branches
- McDonald's - 3 branches
- Chowking - 2 branches
- KFC - 2 branches
- Mang Inasal - 2 branches
- Greenwich - 1 branch
- Max's - 1 branch
- Pizza Hut - 1 branch
- BDO - 4 branches
- PNB - 3 branches
- BPI - 2 branches
- PSBank - 2 branches
- Security Bank - 2 branches
- Bank of Commerce - 1 branch
- BPI Family Savings Bank - 1 branch
- China Bank Savings (former Plantersbank) - 1 branch
- Eastwest Unibank - 1 branch
- Philippine Business Bank - 1 branch
- RCBC - 1 branch
- UCPB - 1 branch
- Unionbank - 1 branch
- WPB - 1 branch
- Petron - 3 branches
- Caltex - 2 branches
- Fuel Express - 2 branches
- Total - 2 branches
- Generika - 6 branches
- Mercury Drug - 6 branches
- The Generics Pharmacy - 5 branches
- Farmacia ni Dok - 1 branch
- Rose Pharmacy - 1 branch
- Watson's - 1 branch