State of the Map 2017
State Of The Map 2017 is in the planning, and set to take place in August in Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima Prefecture, Tohoku Region, Japan. It will be held on 18–20 August 2017.
Hosting city and venue
Checkout the winning hosting bid for more information about Aizu-Wakamatsu, and the possible venue buildings:
Read the post on the OSM Blog with more details.
- Venue (Map)
- Aizu-Wakamatsu City Culture Center
- 14-52, Jotomachi
- Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima
We are seeking sponsorship of the conference. Start thinking about whether your company would be interested in supporting OpenStreetMap in this way. We will be giving special thanks and kudos to those whole get in on the sponsorship early.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Call for sessions and papers
Our conference will include several kinds of sessions:
- 75-minute workshops,
- 20-minute presentations, or
- 5-minute "lightning" talks.
- Propose your session (deadline: Sunday, 2nd April 2017).
- Community survey for the State of the Map 2017 program (deadline: 23 April 2017).
Scholarships for traveling to Japan
- Apply for a scholarship to State of the Map 2017 (deadline: 22 March 2017).
Booking and attending
Participant information, and early bird booking links are all still to come.
Information for travelers
Information about transportation, visas, and accommodation: to be done.