|leisure = dog_park|
|A designated area, with or without a fenced boundary, where dog-owners are permitted to exercise their pets unrestrained|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A dog park is a park for dogs to exercise and (often) play off-leash in a controlled environment under the supervision of their owners.
In many regions, dogs are to be kept on a leash in public parks. This tag is to mark designated areas where dogs can run free. These areas are often adjacent to a park or a specially marked part of a park and are often fenced, so that dogs cannot escape into the larger park. In general, there is water for the dogs and little plastic sacks to clean up after the dog. Sometimes there is an obstacle track for the dogs.
How to Map
Draw an area along the outline of the area. If you are in a hurry or not able to map the area, add a node at the centre of the area. Tag the node or area with leisure=dog_park.
- barrier=fence – This area is bounded by a fence
- lit=yes – This area is lit after dark
- surface=* – Surface covering the area; often grass
- amenity=watering_place - for animals to drink water
- amenity=waste_basket , waste=dog_excrement - for dog excrement disposal
- vending=excrement_bags - excrement bag dispenser
- Proposed_features/Dog_off-leash_area - approved proposal