From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|man_made = adit|
|A type of entrance to an underground mine which is horizontal or nearly horizontal.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Anis a (nearly) horizontal entrance to the underground, by which resources can be extracted or a mine can be entered, ventilated or drained of water. The visible portal of the adit is mapped as a node.
- The adit itself. In case of a node, it is describing the entrance point at the surface.
- The resource that is or was extracted in the mine. Visit the resources page to view a list of common values.
- The operator of the adit, usually the operator of the surrounding mine.
- length of the adit in meters (or other specified unit).
- The name of the adit.
- pointing from the gallery outwards (useful only if the adit is mapped as a node)
All of these tags may coexist on a single node.