|natural = volcano|
|An opening exposed on the earth's surface where volcanic material is emitted.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais an opening exposed on the earth's surface where volcanic material is emitted. All volcanoes contain a central vent underlying the summit crater of the volcano. Some volcanos may have more than one vent, fissures and fumeroles.
How to Map
Add the natural=volcano as a node . Place it as close to the centre of the main crater/caldera/vent as you can.
Name the volcano using name=* on the node.
Tags to use in combination
- volcano:status=* - Status of the volcano
- volcano:type=* - Vulcan type
- These are the three main types. Further information in on Wikipedia
- ele=* - Height of a volcano in meters in relation to the sea level
Note although many volcanoes are mountains and in many maps natural=volcano and natural=peak are rendered in a similar way the location of the main volcanic vent/crater is generally not identical to the highest peak so natural=volcano does not necessarily imply a mountain peak.
The crater rim can be tagged using
- natural=cliff or natural=ridge depending on the shape of the crater plus
- geological=volcanic_caldera_rim to indicate that it is a volcanic crater/caldera rim
natural=volcano name=Anak Krakatau alt_name=Krakatoa volcano:type=stratovolcano volcano:status=active ele=200
- natural=sinkhole - approved
- natural=crater - either bomb craters or crater rims, usage seems not well defined
- geological=volcanic* - various volcano related values are proposed
- historic=bomb_crater - undocumented
- historic=meteor_crater - undocumented
- natural=caldera - undocumented
- crater=* - undocumented