Android IMSI-Catcher Detector
| Android IMSI-Catcher Detector|
|Author:||AIMSICD-Project on GitHub|
|License:||GPLv3+ (free of charge)|
|Language:||en (will be translated)|
Android open-source based project to detect and avoid fake base stations (IMSI-Catchers) or other base-stations (mobile antennas) with poor/no encryption and Silent/Stealth SMS.
The Android IMSI-Catcher Detector (short: AIMSICD) is an Android open-source based project to detect and avoid fake base stations (IMSI-Catchers) or other base-stations (mobile antennas) with poor/no encryption. This project also aims to warn users if the ciphering is turned off, their phones are being subject to hidden tracking via Silent/Stealth (Type-0) SMS and enables several other protection-mechanisms. Contribute to the success on their official GitHub Repository!
NOTE: This is a continually updated and developed community driven project, new features may be added without notice.
- Free and fully Open Source on GitHub
- Real-time network security status
- Map-based security picture of the mobile network neighborhood
- Detects Silent/Stealth (type-0) SMS
- Verizon Femtocell Detection (CDMA)
- Open Source, GPLv3+ (GitHub)
- Crowd sourced development (anyone can join and contribute)
- Supporter of EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation)
- Integration with OpenStreetMap
- Integration with OpenCellID
- Many more features and protections in the works..