Proposed features/Shop (rather than amenity=shoptype above)
|Shop rather than amenity=*|
|Definition:||Creation of a key "shop" instead of using amenity=*.|
Key name: shop=<shop category>
amenity=butcher etc could end up with a whole load of shop types which we don't know how to render. I think it would be better to have a separate category for shops. shop=bakery, butcher etc. Then shops can be rendered with a generic icon and the system doesn't have to know about every kind of shop.
I would also be inclined to convert existing amenity=supermaket to shop=supermarket
-- User:David.earl October 20, 2006
- I approve this proposal. MikeCollinson 04:18, 1 December 2006 (UTC) [and I concur with Batchoy's 19-Dec comment] MikeCollinson 02:23, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. User:David.earl 12.40, 19 December 2006 (UTC).
- I oppose this proposal. --KristianThy 13:35, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. However I would exempt Pharmacies and keep them as amenities on a par with Hospitals and other medical treatment centres, thus you could choose to not render shops in general, whilst keep pharmacies on the map and go with the proposal to change amenity=supermarket to shop=supermarket--Batchoy 14:13, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Regarding the Pharmacies I concur with Batchoy. Joto 21:45, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal, and agree with Joto TomChance 07:50, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Rw 13:35, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Ben. 03:20, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
Marked as approved (though not by me). Appears to have been in use for a long time, and usage seems to have moved over fairly consistently. Chriscf 15:59, 26 February 2009 (UTC)