|shop = butcher|
|A shop selling meat or meat products.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A butcher is a shop primarily selling meat or meat products. The shop may offer other farm produce/groceries or general convenience store items, but primarily sells meat.
How to map
Set a node at the center of the shop or draw an area along its outline.
Tags used in combination
- name=* - The name of the shop.
- Address - To specify an address.
- opening_hours=* - The opening hours of the shop.
- website=* - The website of the shop.
- email=* - The email of the shop.
- wheelchair=yes/wheelchair=limited/wheelchair=no - Whether the place is wheelchair accessible, or not.
- Payment - To specify the payments the shop accepts.
- organic=yes/organic=no/organic=only - Whether the place is organic, or not.
- diet:halal=yes/no/only To specify the availability of a halal meat.
- diet:kosher=yes/no/only To specify the availability of kosher meat.
- brand=* - To specify the chain the shop belongs to, if applicable.
Primary meat type
To indicate a particular type of meat served exclusively, or as their primary specialty, a butcher=* tag may be used. Note: Pork butchers may be known by the French word charcuterie. Likewise, poultry (chicken) butchers may be called volatile.