|latitude: 13.75, longitude: 100.517|
|Browse map of Bangkok 13°45′00.00″ N, 100°31′01.20″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Bangkok is a city in Thailand at latitude 13°45′00.00″ North, longitude 100°31′01.20″ East.
Colour and symbol legend
The status of each map region is indicated by a symbol, which describes the type of feature, and a colour, which indicates the completeness of that feature in a map region.
The status is displayed using a template Template:State
- progress - 1/2/3/4/NA
Meaning of symbols
- - Street names are labelled. This means that the map can be used to find an address - Key: l
- - All housenumbers are present - Key: h
- - All footways are present - Key: fo
- - All wheelchair access is present - Key: d
- - All cycleways, and field and forest roads suitable for bicycles are present - Key: b
- - Roads for car traffic are present. One way streets and pedestrian streets are present. This means that the map can be used for car navigation - Key: c
- - All public transports are present (including name of the bus stop/station names) - Key: tr
- - All stop/station/harbour names are present - Key: ha
- - All bus lines are present (including name of the bus stop names) - Key: bu
- - All trolley/guided bus lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: ty
- - All tram lines are present (including name of the tram station names) - Key: tm
- - All fast railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: tn
- - All U-Bahn (subway in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: u
- - All S-Bahn (regional commuter train in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: s
- - All steam railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: st
- - All ship lines are present (including name of the harbour station names) - Key: sh
- - All public institutions are present (Churches, sports facilities, venues, schools, hospitals, city hall) - Key: p
- - All petrol stations are present - Key: fu
- - All restaurants and hotels are present - Key: r
- - All tourist attractions are present - Key: t
- - All natural resources are mapped (e.g Water, Lakes and Woodland) - Key: n
Meaning of colours
- Lakes: ...
- Rivers: ...
Railway and Mass Transportation Systems
- SRT Train - It seems all the active passenger lines have been mapped (?), The stations and sorting yards need some more work
- Bangkok Underground (MRT) - is fully mapped. --Kengggg 11:04, 22 April 2012 (BST)
- Bangkok Skytrain (BTS) - is fully mapped. --Kengggg 11:04, 22 April 2012 (BST)
- SRT Airport Link (ARL) - railway and statiosn are fully mapped. some entrances are need to be verified. --Kengggg 11:04, 22 April 2012 (BST)
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) - not yet started. --Kengggg 11:04, 22 April 2012 (BST)
A lot of work has to be done to streamline the data already existing in downtown Bangkok. Look at the conventions on the WikiProject_Thailand main page and discuss any suggestions for highway tags
In downtown Bangkok, I have started to change some of the primary roads near the Palace and the Chao Praya River into secondary and tertiary, to unclog the aspect of the city, before we define the conventions--Ben VdA 23:08, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
There are many missing residential roads around the city, especially on the west and south sides.
Layers are a lot of fun to map in Bangkok. Enjoy, and beware the intersections and overlaps!
Hint, Google Earth provides a usually good resolution to double-check accurately how lanes overlap, but nothing beats a site visit
No bus lines nor bus-stops have been mapped yet.
If somebody has a list of each bus line, please include it in the page so we can share the workload line-by-line
- A list of bus lines and details of each line are available from BMTA Travel in Bangkok & transitBangkok.
- BBBike @ Bangkok - a cycle route planner for กรุงเทพมหานคร
If on a vacation to Thailand, as a traveller there are two priorities – Stay and Transportation. You can book your hotels while taking a holiday package, but when it comes to trasportation you have to think twice.
The transportation system of Thailand is quite sound but your preference completely depends upon the type of traveller you are. If you are going with kids and a lot of stuff then hiring a car in thailand from local car rental companies is the best option.
You can only think of public transportation if you are a solo traveller, otherwise its going to be a hassle.