The OSMF can place banners on the openstreetmap.org website for large international events. Those that meet the criteria of this policy and request via a pull request in the openstreetmap-website repository it shall have their banner displayed.
The criteria of this policy are
- Only events targeting an international OpenStreetMap audience shall be displayed
- OpenStreetMap shall be the focus of events, and constitute a majority of talks or workshops. For large events where there is a distinct OpenStreetMap portion of the event, that portion would qualify on its own, and that OSM portion is a significant part of the total event, the CWG may add the banner at its discretion.
- OSMF-run events can have a maximum of three contiguous months on the front page, at a time of the event organisers' choosing
- Local chapter run events have a maximum of one contiguous month on the front page, at a time of the event organisers' choosing
- Events with a SOTM Quick Licence have a maximum of contiguous month on the front page, at a time of the event organisers' choosing
- Banners will be taken down after the event has begun.
- Banners shall be static images, subject to design and technical constraints in the website documentation, and linked to a URL of the organisers' choosing
- Banners will be shown on rotation, and each will be dismissable by the user.
- The Operations Working Group and Communications Working Group reserve the right to not display, or to take down, any banner that it deems unsuitable or inappropriate
This policy does not apply to non-event banners such as fundraising banners, status notices, and downtime notifications.