Sygic GPS Navigation
(Redirected from Be-on-road)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Authors:||Aponia Software, s.r.o.|
|License:||Proprietary (free of charge)|
|Platforms:||Windows Mobile, Windows Mobile 2003, iOS, Android, Bada OS, and iPhone|
|Version:||iOS: 3.10.42; Android 16.1.7 (2017-07-14)|
|Languages:||German, English, Czech, Dutch, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian|
Offline multi-language voice navigation app with lane-guidance assistant. Since May 2014 only OSM Maps are available (Aponia Software created another app called "Aponia GPS Navigation" with proprietary maps).
be-on-road is a closed source application for offline navigation. Since May 2014 it is based only on OpenStreetMap based data files.
In August 2014 Sygic acquired Be-on-road. 
Since 2015 the application was divided into a free and a premium version (14,99€).
As of June 2022, Be-on-road was found to have been entirely replaced by Sygic GPS Navigation, which does not use OSM data. http://www.beonroad.com
- Map display in 2D or 3D with simple but smart display of buildings.
- Speed camera warnings for all such nodes or relations contained in the main OSM dataset. (This feature may be illegal in some countries.)
- Road segments can be blocked to avoid navigation via them.
- Offline address search: smart differentiation of place names that occur twice or more in one country or region.
- Online address search: Online search allows you to locate the geographical data which is not included in the offline map data.
- Search POI along a calculated route.
- Map updates based on OpenStreetMap offered. (But updates in the free version aren´t offered very often(last time maps got updated: 2. quarter of 2014))
- Lane-guidance assistant (only in premium-version or until app-version 188.8.131.52)
- Some of the OSM based offline map files are quite big for download, e.g. France or Germany (about 1 GB) . It is also possible to download the needed maps via the website of be-on-road, so that you can use a broadband connection to download mapfiles.