Which tools can be accessed via bookmarklets?
Bookmarklets can be easily written for all web-based tools which accept parameters via HTTP GET.
A simple list of all wiki pages linking to here – these pages may link to here because someone has made and published a bookmarklet for the described tool.
How-to set up
- use a browser which supports bookmarklets on pages with a strict CSP (openstreetmap.org has one since May 2018). Firefox does not work; Chromium works. See German forum discussion for details.
- (the following method is not possible in this wiki) If you use the bookmark toolbar and if the bookmarklet is available as link then you can juse drag it do the toolbar.
- clicking on the bookmark button in the bookmark toolbar,
- selecting the bookmark from the list of bookmarks,
- or opening the bookmark via a keyword/shortcut
while visiting another page on osm.org.
- Use jshint.com to check for errors.
- OSM Smart Menu - A browser extension to help the OpenStreetMap community easily access different maps and tools to analyze OSM data.