Cape Town mapping party - November 2012
OSM South Africa has been growing explosively and it's time for the next Cape Town Mapping Party.
Cape Town suburbs of Blouberg and Sandown are growing, with unmapped areas.
Sunday 20th November 2012
Time: 10:30 - 15:00
Meeting at the Wimpy at the Westcoast Village in Sandown at 10:30 to around 11:30 for coffee and to divide up the area to map. Location Map
Westcoast Village Sandown Road Cape Town 7441
OSM Contact number (help or to find us): 0791715426 (Grant)
Order of Activities
- Briefing on the aims of the days activity
- Collection of data
- Meeting at a central point to edit and upload
- A tutorial on using potlatch and/or josm
- Lunch and refreshments
What to bring
- Yourself and a friend
- GPS receiver - capable of logging detailed tracks
- Notepad and pen/pencils for taking notes
- Laptop - for editing and uploading data (helps, but not required)
- Camera (helps, but not required)
Image coming soon...
There are large unmapped areas, and no parks or POIs.
Image to follow...