| cycle.travel (web)|
|License:||Proprietary (free of charge)|
Cycle routing for Western Europe and North America
cycle.travel is an OSM-based bike route-planner (for the UK, Western Europe, US and Canada), together with extensive editorial content about long-distance cycle routes and city cycling.
The route-planner is based on a customised instance of OSRM and includes:
- Takes account of elevation
- Takes account of cycle routes (NCN, RCN etc.)
- Takes account of surfaces
- Drag routes with multiple via points
- Circular routes
- Save routes (requires login)
- Export route map as vector PDF
- Export route as GPX, TCX, KML
- Lists villages/towns passed through (UK and US)
- Avoids busy roads, based on motor traffic statistics (UK and US)
- Shows photos along route (currently UK only)
The cartography is specially designed for the site and is rendered with Mapnik. Unusual features include different rendering rules for cities and the countryside.
Routing and map data is updated approximately monthly (from mid-January 2015).
No public-facing API is provided but enquiries are welcome.