| German Style|
or Deutscher Stil
|Style License:||Same license as Standard tile layer: CC0 1.0|
It aims to provide a map which is more similar to conventional maps (like Shell-Atlas) commonly used in Germany.
A HOWTO for potential contributors is currently being worked on.
A description of the styles history is currently only available in German at https://www.openstreetmap.de/germanstyle.html
Main differences to OSM Standard Style
- Localization using German names and latin script for all around the world.
(The provided code can be used for any target language using latin script)
- Abbreviations for "Street" in common languages (e.g. Straße -> Str.)
- Style and colors of major roads (Motorway, primary, secondary, ...)
- Style of footway, cycleway and path
- Style of paved tracks (tracktype=grade1 or surface=paved)
- Style of "living_street"
- Border colors
- Added rendering of highway=proposed
- Style of highway=construction
- Common German symbols for deciduous and coniferous forests.
- Draw line marking on sports grounds tagged leisure=pitch
- Additional and different POI-types (Castle, Pharmacy, ...)
Sites using the Style
- http://sautter.com/map/ - "OSM Mapnik german style" sic! - german is lower case, comparing different styles
- http://openstreetmap.de - "OSM deutscher Stil", default style
- A simple way to localize (latinize) an Openstreetmap style (2013 blog post)
- News from German OSM Carto style (2017 blog post)